Thursday, February 03, 2011

Bike Week on the horizon.


Daytona Bike Week is just a few weeks away and I'm starting to get the itch. Got to make sure the bike is ready for the trip, oil change and detailed. Save a little spending money for the four dollar beers and event swag. Make sure I can get the time off work and that grandma Hollister has the room to put me up. The easy part is enjoying all the bikes and people once I get there. You can always count on one thing and thats the crowd, it never disappoints. It;s always diverse; crazy drunks and sane drunks, old bikes and new bikes, old boobs and young boobs, people with clothes and people without, those that are passed out in the alley in a pool of vomit and the rest that aren't.

The things that I'm not looking forward to. Endless traffic, long lines to pee, lots and lots of walking, four dollar beers; old tits, grid locked sidewalks, douches on sport bike honking their horns continuously (whats the deal?), half of the 8 hour ride being miserably cold.

However in the end getting to see all the amazing bikes and vendor displaying makes the trip worthwhile. I guess the younger girls exposing their chests is also cool and hearing some good live music is nice too. My favorite part of the whole gig is riding up and down the coast soaking up the sun with all the other like minded bikers.

No comments: