Thursday, April 21, 2011

Hotel Sniper

I was on the road this week for a conference and stayed in a hotel. My stay was quite pleasant overall, nice room, great staff, good location. Just one thing I'd like to note, and this covers all hotels. The TV remotes. Where in the hell do they get these things? It has to be precisely aimed at the TV sensor. Not aimed in the direction of the TV or even at the screen. You must have pinpoint accuracy and hit the TV sensor dead on. I couldn't lie in bed and lazily flip the channel, I had to make conscience effort to find simple entertainment. I find this to be unacceptable. I can only wait for the world to correct this. 
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

2 comments:

Matt said...

Awesome...I suddenly find myself wanting a real one for whatever reason

Unknown said...

Ok, a little update to this thought. Again I'm on a trip staying in a rather upscale hotel and wouldn't you know it, the god damn remote dosen't work. So, I called the front desk and asked for a new one. Minutes later the housekeeper showed up with the replacement. I made the exchange and sat back on the bed, aimed steadily, and fired. Great sadness fell over me, of course this one failed as well. Is this just my luck? or does this happen to everyone?